We are seeking 7 (seven) Search Committee members with a passionate commitment to St. Paul United Church of Christ, Waterloo as reflected by their:
- Regular worship attendance and financial support
- Past or present involvement with areas of church life such as:
- Consistory leadership
- Christian Education
- Mission Projects
- Music Ministry
- Church Social Groups
- Positive Attitude with no outstanding grudges
- Open-mindedness instead of a pre-determined agenda
- Sense of integrity and respect for others
The importance of this work requires each member to make the Search Committee a high priority in the following ways:
- A FAITH commitment: Regular prayer and listening to God’s “still small voice” during meetings, while reviewing profiles and interviewing candidates.
- A TIME commitment: Initially meeting weekly, then as often as needed to review profiles, schedule interviews and travel to hear the candidates preach.
- A CONFIDENTIALITY commitment: Never to talk about the specifics of their work outside of the Committee, including the sharing of candidates’ names or speaking in generalities about candidates location, experience, or gender. Use a personal, confidential email to receive and send candidate information to Committee members.
- A CONSENSUS commitment: Members need to be of one mind in recommending a prospective pastor. All must be able, with a clear and positive conscience, to support and endorse the individual presented to the congregation.
Please click here to complete an application and turn into the church office by July 31. Thank you. Selection of members will take place mid-August and applicants notified by Consistory.